Dental implants are an advanced option to replace missing teeth. An implant is like a screw post that acts like root for the artificial tooth. Dental implants are made from durable and long lasting materials that gel with the jaw bone.
Dental implants are fixed inside the jaw bone or on the jaw bone through a minor jaw surgery. It is advisable to consult a reputed orthodontist for Limerick dental implants to ensure that they are fixed correctly.
Here are some advantages of Limerick dental implants
- Improved Appearance – The artificial teeth that are placed on these implants look, feel and function like your natural teeth. The dental implants fuse with the bone and are permanent replacement to missing teeth.
- Improved Speech – Dental implants fit inside the mouth perfectly and there is no risk of slipping dentures or broken bridges. They help to improve your speech.
- Improved Comfort – It is easy to get used to the implants. They become part of your mouth and eliminate the discomfort of slipping dentures.
- Increased Confidence – Dental implants are the best way to replace missing teeth and correct your smile. They improve your self-confidence as you can eat, speak and chew normally.
- Improves Chewing and Bite – Dental implants provide strong base for the artificial tooth. You can eat all your favorite foods without the fear of breaking the bridge or damaging the dentures.
- Improved Oral Hygiene – Dental implants can be fixed without altering the adjacent teeth. Each missing teeth gets one dental implant. It is easy to brush and floss around the artificial tooth and improves the overall oral hygiene.
- Durable – Implants are made from durable materials. They fuse into the jaw bone and become a part of your mouth. If you follow the aftercare instructions of the orthodontist, most of these implants last for a lifetime.
- Convenient – Dental implants are very convenient. There is no need to remove them every time you brush or eat. Moreover they become a part of your mouth and functions like your natural teeth.
These are some of the advantages of Limerick dental implants. Your orthodontist will clearly explain more pros and cons of these implants and advise on the dental care procedures after the installation of these implants.