UK – April 9, 2016 – Your plumbing system is integral to your house’s comfort and your survival. Remember, it is the plumbing system that works to give you access to clean water for you to use and this not only gives you a good water supply but also helps in sanitation as well. For this reason, it is important that you keep every part of your plumbing system in good condition so that you can reduce the likelihood for plumbing problems.
One of the most common plumbing problems can be found in the drain. When drains clog, you can expect a lot of inconvenience as well as the unpleasant odor that you have to bear with. Now, effective drain cleaning can help keep your drains clog free but aside from that, there are also other ways that you can use to keep them from clogging.
- When you place mesh screens on your drains, especially in the drains of the bathtub and the shower, it would automatically catch hair, food particles and other debris that might build up inside the drain and clog it.
- Before you enter the bathroom and bathe, you would be doing your drains a favor if you brushed your hair so that you would have already removed the loose hair that is more likely to end up in your drains.
- As long as the weather is good outside and it isn’t cold, it would be best if you wash your pets outside. But if the weather does not favor you, you can place a wash cloth in your drains to catch the excess hair that had come off of your pet when you were washing it.
- When you resort to making a compost pit, you’d not only be helping Mother Nature but you’re also less likely to throw solid and sticky substances down the drain.
- Teach your kids all about drain maintenance and instill in them the idea that it is their duty to keep their drains clean.
- Buy a plunger or auger that is of good quality.
- Never ever treat your drains as if it were a trash can. Remember, there is a special place for trash and your drain isn’t that special place.