Buying a used bike is a daunting task. It is not as easy as visiting a dealership, checking the bike and buying a new motorcycle. Buying an old motorcycle involves some patience. It requires thorough research and careful evaluation of the bike’s condition. Buying used bikes helps the buyers to reduce their budget and is also preferred mode, when you are looking for vintage bikes. Here are some of the tips that makes the process of buying a used bike easy.
- The first step in the process is to make a list of your requirements. List out your requirements and make a list of the motorcycles fulfilling your requirements. For example, if you want to buy vintage Moto Guzzi motorcycles, search for the persons or dealers offering Moto Guzzi for sale in the UK, and make a list of all the sellers. You can search the internet or get information through references and newspaper advertisements.
- Once you have a list of all the sellers offering Moto Guzzi for sale in the UK, make a choice between direct owners and dealers. Both the options have their own set of advantages and disadvantages. While buying from the dealers ensures you get a good motorcycle, opting to buy form bike owners directly enables you to bargain for a good deal.
- Once you decide the better option between dealers and bike owners, narrow down your search. And contact the right persons.
- Ask for a test ride of the bike. Test ride helps you to determine the exact condition of the motorcycle. If you are not an experienced biker, take the bike to a mechanic. He will be able to help you find if there are any defects and repairs in the machine. Test ride is a very important step before buying a used bike as it will help you to gauge the maintenance issues of the bike.
- Once you are satisfied with the condition of the motorcycle, ask for the papers. Check the insurance and other documents. Match the engine number and chassis number with the blue book and make sure the owner has a clear title and the bike is not stolen.
- The last step is to negotiate with the owner of the Moto Guzzi for sale in the UK for a good deal. Since you know about the condition of the bike, quote a suitable price and use your bargaining skills to get a good price.