The truth is, while you are using your sink or bathroom, you will encounter issues with it every now and then. This could mean spending some money for repairs and maintenance and while this can be a bad news; the good news is that there are ways to avoid plumbing situations at home. In fact, you can even avoid emergency situations with the following tips.
- One way to prevent plumbing issues is to place a drain-gate or strainer on your drain. This will prevent hair and other materials from getting into the drain. When this accumulates, they could eventually block the pipes. You can find different types of drain-gate at the local hardware or plumbing stores near you. Measure the drain to get the right type.
- Avoid throwing solid materials into your toilet bowl. Place a trash bin inside your toilet to dispose waste products properly. Disposable diapers, sanitary napkins, toilet papers and tampons can easily blocked drains which will eventually lead to a plumbing issue in your bathroom.
- You can also avoid drain problems andgunk build-up by pouring boiling or hot water into the drain at least once a week or every after use, if possible. This is recommended if your drain is already showing signs of blockage. Hot water melts hardened particles along the pipes allowing water to run better along the drain.
- Aside from blockage prevention, keep your bathroom clean and well maintained. You can make use of baking soda to clean drains and also to absorb four smell inside the area. Pour a handful of baking soda into the drain then pour hot water after.
- When you notice that the water in your shower no longer runs smoothly down the drain, pour a cup of vinegar into it. Allow the vinegar to rest inside the drain for at least 30 minutes up to an hour. Pour hot water into the drain to release the gunk.
- If the home remedies did not work, call a plumbing expert to do the job. This will also ensure that your plumbing issues will be properly addressed.